Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 13th Typical Day in my life

I just need to start by saying that I think my life is probably better for reading than any story I can cook up. I mean for example what happened to day. It was just another day at work as usual. I got a lot done and I still have more to do. It is called "Job Security." Most people don't know what I do at the state police. I process the Concealed Handgun permits for Arkansas. I don't comment about what happens but just let me tell you - it is interesting everyday. I learn something new everyday and it is not boring. So a typical day is working my butt off getting my work done but it was just another day for me. The fun and interesting part started when it is about time to get off work.
I usually drive my car but my husband needs it for his evening job so he will come up there and switch out with me. So guess what? I drive the truck home. But it wasn't long after he left with the car did my husband call and ask if our son, Brandon, called me. I said no because he hadn't. Well, he told me that he was walking to church. Brandon had text me earlier to tell me he was going back to church tonight. So I called him and found out he was indeed walking and walking with this girl from school that is pregnant and they had made it to the pond but were turning around because she was sick. After he asked if I could get him some burgers from McDonalds, I hung up and finished what I needed to do so I could go after them.
I did find them. He was about a quarter of a mile away from the house - alone. I turned around and he got in old blue (that's what we call my husbands old truck). I asked where the girl was and he said he left her back there on Ram Road. His left foot and leg was hurting. He told me that he stepped in a bed of fire ants. Fire ants are thing I hate. I believe to this day my dad's death was directly related to fire ants. Brandon is allergic to them and I get paranoid everytime he steps in a pile.
Needless to say, we went to pick up this pregnant girl and took her to the church. Brandon came home. I know this isn't interesting yet. You may wonder why I say my life is probably more interesting than any story I have written. Well, it is because my son has such a unique way of dealing with people.
He had called and went off on his best friend because he won't answer his phone when this girl calls him. This girl is pregnant by Brandon's best friends older brother. On the way back home, Brandon called his best friend and basically apologized for going off on him but he said in such a way that it wasn't really an apology.
Brandon told him that he was sorry but that he knows how this girl is and that he should answer her phone calls because he has to deal with her and that his friend should deal with her also because they both know how persistant she can be. Sound confusing? I am too. I don't know the whole situation but I know this high school girl is pregnant by Brandon's best friends older brother whose family doesn't want to deal with her or the situation and Brandon being the counselor he is - helps this girl, who, by the way, he wanted as his girlfriend a year ago, is having a tough time. This isn't the first girl he has helped.
Brandon is the voice of reason. He want's to save every girl he comes in contact with whether it be at school or on the street. He had brought another girl home from school whose mother kicked her out because she is pregnant and Brandon helped her find a place to stay.
This conversation he had with his best friend was so typical and reminded me of his biological father. He has a lot of his father in him but he has this need to help people like my husband has. For these reasons I am proud of my son.
So nothing else happened. Came home, ate supper. Watched American Idol and now I need to sleep so I can get up tomorrow to start the whole thing over again.

No comments: