Thursday, February 5, 2009

DIET PROGRESS - TAKING THE ALLI PILL

There are 217 days left until my 40th birthday.

I have started taking the Alli pill. I have been taking them for two weeks now. My sister gave me a weeks worth then I am in the process of buying a starter pack from my sis-in-law. I gotta pay her on the 16th when I get paid. I think they are really helping. I still get hungry. They don't help with hunger pains but if I eat something I shouldn't it really lets me know.

I am also taking water pills to help with the swelling on my ankles after a long day of sitting behind a desk all day. Between the 2 I am doing good. I can tell a difference in my clothes. My sis-in-law has been taking them a long time but she hasn't been serious so she really hasn't lost any weight. My sister has been taking them for a couple of months and has lost 20 lbs. So there has to be something to this miracle little blue pill called ALLi.

I guess I will reap the benefits later. Yes, it does give you diarrhea if you eat the wrong thing. I found out just how bad it can be when I ate a small 99 cent bag of cheese puffs on the drive to Monticello last Saturday. I paid for it when I got to my mother-in-laws house. I didn't eat but half of the bag when my colon starting having a mind of its own.

One morning I ate some pancakes - don't ever eat pancakes with syrup! You will pay for it.

So I think I have found something to help me. I have tried so many diets. I tried the Atkins diet. Word of advice for women - DON'T DO ATKINS! You will go crazy! It messes with your emotions. The lack of carbs is hard on your body. Yes, you lose the weight but it will come back and with a vengeance. I lost 40 lbs and gained 80 lbs.

I have tried to just eat yogurt and cottage cheese - yuck! I loved yogurt and still do to a certain extent but I can't eat it like I did before.

I have tried to just buy those Weight Watcher and other diet frozen dinners. They don't work - you will be hungry and must eat something else with them.

I tried the gym. Yes, I was faithful. I went 3 days a week. Lost 40 lbs but you know what? It all came back plus more. Exercise is great but you can't quit. Now I can't find the energy to get my butt to the gym.

So I have done lots of different things and I think that taking this little blue pill that is very easy to swallow will be something I will have to keep taking for a long time. I have a hard time swallowing pills. I don't take vitamins because they are hard to swallow. I have even tried cutting them in half but then you have those jagged edges that may scrap the back of your throat. Ouch.

Well, I will be checking back in soon to let you know if I am losing weight. I am going to take a picture of myself for before and after shots but I'm not putting them on here until I lose some of the weight that I hate.

1 comment:

HiepHop said...

You are a very interesting women.